The Department of Administrative Services (DAS) Construction Services selects Architectural and Engineering (A/E) firms for State Building Construction Projects based upon their responses to Requests for Qualifications (RFQs).
- DAS Construction Services evaluates the RFQs using a “Qualifications Based Selection (QBS) Procedure”.
- Firms are awarded contacts in accordance with the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies 4-134e-1 et al after negotiation of a fair and reasonable fee for a defined scope of work.
- For Design-Bid-Build Projects, Design Firms develop design and construction documents for DAS Construction Services.
- For Construction Manager at Risk (CMR) Projects, Design Firms develop design and construction documents in cooperation with the CMR.
- For Design-Build (D-B) Projects, D-B Criteria Architects produce D-B Request for Proposals (RFP) documents.