On-Call Opportunities for MBE Consultants on State Building Construction Projects:
The Department of Administrative Services (DAS) Construction Services provides On-Call opportunities for Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) firms by selecting at least one MBE firm for each of the other fourteen On-Call Contracts, as long as the firm(s) is qualified and can meet all required contract terms and conditions:
- Claims Analyst (ANLY),
- Architect (including Interior Design) (ARC),
- Claims Auditor (AUD),
- Construction Administrator (CA),
- Construction Administrator Minor Projects (CAm),
- Building Commissioning & Building Envelope Commissioning (Cx),
- Civil Engineer & Survey and Landscape Architect (CIV-SUR),
- Energy Consultant (ENGY),
- Multi-Disciplined Engineer (MDE),
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Engineer (MEP),
- Roofing Consultant (ROOF),
- Scheduling (and Cost) Consultant (SCHL),
- Structural and Threshold Engineer (STR),
- Vehicular Parking Consultant (VEH).
On-Call Contracts set aside for only MBE Consultants:
In addition, DAS Construction Services provides opportunities for MBE firms by completely setting aside the MBE Architect (MBE-ARC) On-Call Contract and MBE Civil Engineer (MBE-CIV) On-Call Contract only for MBE firms that have been certified by the DAS Supplier Diversity (Set-Aside) Program. The MBE On-Call Contracts:
- are for projects having a total budget of $2,000,000 or less;
- encompass a wide array of projects from commercial-type space modifications in existing state buildings to the design of new structures to be located on state property;
- have a duration of approximately two years; and
- have a maximum fe of $500,000 for all task assignments under the specific contract.
Contractor Pre-Selection (CPS) Program For Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Firms and Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Firms:
DAS Construction Services provides opportunities for SBE and MBE firms by completely setting aside the “SBE/MBE Contractor Pre-Selection (CPS) Program” for future State Building Construction Projects estimated to cost between $100,000 and $500,000. The SBE/MBE CPS Program evaluates the qualifications and experience of construction contractors in order to place the contractors on list(s) that will be used to solicit bids for future CPS State Building Construction Projects. See the State Building Construction Projects – Requests for Qualifications for the Contractor Pre-Selection Program for full details.
- Every two years, DAS posts CPS Requests for Qualification (RFQs) on the State Contracting Portal for specific Classes of Work (for example, Roofing, General Building Construction, Masonry, etc.).
- For SBE/MBE contractors, RFQs are advertised for projects estimated to cost between $100,000 and $500,000. Qualifications will only be accepted from contractors who have been certified as an SBE and/or MBE contractor by the DAS Supplier Diversity (Set-Aside) Program.
- SBE/MBE construction contractors are invited to submit qualifications as described in each RFQ. DAS evaluates each contractor’s submission using a “Qualifications Based Selection (QBS) Procedure”.
- If qualified, the SBE/MBE contractor becomes a “SBE/MBE Pre-Selected Contractor” and is placed on a list to bid on future CPS Projects that are estimated to cost between $100,000 and $500,000.
- The Pre-Selected SBE/MBE Contractors will be treated as General (Prime) Contractors and will be the only Contractors invited to submit bids on the SBE/MBE CPS Project(s).