The Department of Administrative Services (DAS) Construction Services selects Construction Manager at Risk (CMR) firms for certain State Building Construction Projects using a “Best Value Selection Procedure”.
- The Best Value Selection Procedure begins with a CMR “Request for Qualifications” (RFQ).
- DAS Construction Services evaluates each CMR’s RFQ submittal to determine a “shortlist” of the most highly qualified CMR firms.
- The shortlisted CMR firms are invited to respond to a “Request for Proposal” (RFP) and attend a “Selection Presentation” (interview).
- The RFP consists of Project Information, “Qualitative Criteria Components”, and “Sealed Cost Proposal Components” and must be submitted by the due date by each of the shortlisted CMR Firms.
- Each CMR’s Qualitative Criteria Components submittal and Selection Presentation is evaluated, rated, and scored.
- Each CMR’s Sealed Cost Proposal Components submittal is publically opened, evaluated, and combined with the scores from the Qualitative Criteria Components submittal and Selection Presentation.
- All of the CMR Proposal scores are compared to determine the “Lowest Cost Per Unit Of Quality”.
- The CMR Proposal with the Lowest Cost Per Unit Of Quality is deemed the “Best Value” Proposal.
- The CMR Firm whose proposal provides the best value to the State is recommended for selection to the DAS Commissioner, who then determines the final CMR selection