Insurance & Financial Services
Connecticut's fame as the Insurance Capital of the World began more than two centuries ago, with the founding of America's first insurance companies. Today, the state is a powerhouse of talent for risk management, wealth management, and navigating the complexities of health care and financial security.
- Connecticut is 1st in the U.S. for actuaries per capita and 1st in the U.S. for insurance employees per capita. (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2015; Moody's Analytics)
- Connecticut is 2nd in the U.S. for financial assets managed by state-headquartered hedge funds. (CERC, Preqin, Ltd., 2016)
- Insurance and financial services accounts for nearly one-fifth of Connecticut’s Gross State Product. (2016 Connecticut Insurance Market Brief)
- 04/04/2017 The Hartford Launches Apprenticeship Program To Prepare Students For Careers In Insurance
- 11/09/2016 Greenwich Firm To Create Up To 600 New Jobs
- 10/03/2015 MC Credit Partners Relocates Operations Center to Stamford, Connecticut
- 08/03/2015 China's Latest U.S. Copy: Greenwich, Connecticut
- 07/28/2015 CT: Synchrony Financial to Add Up to 400 New Jobs in Stamford
- Phoenix Wealth Management
- Aetna Inc.
- The Hartford
- The Travelers Companies